To begin the process of becoming a facilitator, we ask that our volunteers submit an application.
For applications to be accepted, the facilitator must be connected with an appropriate organization that will hold the group sessions. Organizations that may endorse a facilitator are:
- Endorsed by a school (preschool, grammar, high school, university, etc.)
- Endorsed by a faith-based organization
- Endorsed by a local government community center
- Endorsed by an organization such as YMCA, YWCA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc.
- Practicing Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Psychologist who is offering RFAC programs through your practice
Once an application is accepted, volunteers will be able to order the online training and facilitator manual. Each facilitator must have their own profile in order to receive their certificate of completion and to be able to facilitate groups.
Facilitators may also be asked to complete a background check, or provide proof of having completed one within the past year. Once the applications are received and accepted, you will receive an email or phone call stating your acceptance into the Rainbows program. You will then be set up with an account in the Facilitator Dashboard system. You will receive an email asking you to set-up a password (your username will be your email address). Please check your spam folder if you don’t see an email within 3-5 days after you receive the letter of acceptance as sometimes the email ends up there.